Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Four loong hours: My Tribute!

Someone told me that when you got to watch that movie...go with someone you love and now I know why?!?!!

You REALLLY need to go watch it with someone whom you deeply love and are meeting after ages (I have further helped you classify your company!!) Go watch JODHA AKBAR!! with the movie comes lots of time in between to catch up and make conversation...Whilst Mallika - e - HIndustan is having her lunch you can actually talk about matters you have been wanting to discuss for a looong time!!

Well, I went with people with whom I actually spend every waking minute in Bombay and still made so much of conversation...so you can imagine the advantages of watching Jodha Akbar! its not a bad bet at all..you get the person's undivided attention for four hours...not a bad investment at all!!

We went for the 6'o clock show and now when I think of itI have no idea why we were so excited and why we even went in the first place!! Running to buy the tickets...we reach the counter, stand in the queue and teher is this man who is standing behind me who I assumed was also waiting to buy tickets...I turn around and this is the conversation I have

Man in queue: Madam bhada?
Ila: What?? Nandita didnt you pay him?
Nandita (a little irritated cos she is fighting with some lady): Who??
Ila: The auto man!!
Nandita(vehemently like she thinks its the auto man's fault!): No

I think she was more interested in fighting with the lady at the counter...she didnt want her to get tickets before we did, so she just turns around gives me a 100 rupee and turns back to the counter. It was war!! such juvenile friends I have who claim to be 23 I tell you!!

Since we are catching the movie right after work, we are lugging around our laptops with us. quiet tedious and quiet a sight, three women, three laptops, one take away bag and three flights of stairs!! So we find our seats and this gentleman who is sitting next to me has come alone and I have no clue how he managed! and we finally settle down!

The national anthem begins playing...all three of us are sitting with laptops in our laps and Neha just isnt getting up! I look at her and give her "where's your patriotism ddue" look and she says
"Ye pakad laptop yahan se!!"
Okay then!!!
(The enthu uncle to my right full on patriotic is singing away to glory with full fervour!)

The movie starts and enthu uncle screams "Oye Red Fort"
and then I thought that was the end of it but after 5 minutes again
"Oye Red Fort"

So with this guy going "Oye Red Fort" every five minutes. the little attention that I was paying to the movie also went for a toss!

My observations -
  • If you can say five words in Urdu you just lost an employment opportunity with Jodha Akbar
  • The process in which dialogues were rattled off...1..2..3..DIALOGUE!! I am very sure!
  • The swagger with which our man Roshan walks and talks is so not like an Akbar's .. its like the next thing he will say is " Wheres the party tonight dude!"
  • Aishwarya rai was at her best when she was playing with the rabbits
  • that Sufi song where Akbar suddenly gets divine enlightenment and starts dancing with the other sufi singers who according to Nandita were wearing teracotta pots on their heads has lyrics that go "Shaam ka shampoo"
  • "Takliya" all three of us felt was Urdu for f off!
The story line is also completely new, so fresh never seen before!! Jealous mother-in-law, plots against Jodha ma, misunderstanding between shehansheji and Mallika - E - Hindustaan, kiss and make up and finally war and Shehanshaji all encompassing in the end...I guess!!

Why do I say "I guess"?? Because guess what we got up towards the end...the prospect of cheap alcohol and chilling was seeming like a far more enticing prospect! so we went to Bandra Gymkhana and before the alcoholic hangover we had to deal with Nandita's Jodha Akbar hangover and her want to be called "Mallika - E - Hindustaan" and let me remind you yet again that our Mallika - E - HIndustaan is 23!!

Cheers and Takliya!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i actually liked the movie n also the so called 'shampoo' song...but oh my god...ila u make me rethink...lol...

Ada said...

I BOW DOWN TO YOU, QUEEN.

no one says it like you do!!!

the best was 'oy red fort'!! MUAH