Monday, September 15, 2008

Its something unpredictable...

Another turning point;a fork stuck in the road.
Time grabs you by the wrist;directs you where to go.
So make the best of this test and don't ask why.
It's not a questionbut a lesson learned in time.
It's something unpredictablebut in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs and still frames in your mind.
Hang it on a shelf
In good health and good time.
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial.
For what it's worth,it was worth all the while.
It's something unpredictable but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

(music break)

It's something unpredictablebut in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.
It's something unpredictablebut in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

I heard this song after a very long time...it was playing on the radio in the morning while I was on my way to work, before Bank of America had taken over that company and I had reached office...and this has been on my mind since then...

Okay...cut to sometime in early December...Charni Road, our second abode after Sundance :)

The place where we grew thick, cooked the countless meals, ordered the countless meals, chatted away the night sitting by the window, while all three of us struggle to enqueue our song on "the playlist"...varying from bizarre Punju numbers (i dont know why I insist on listening to Mika when I am drunk...well doesnt that explain the punju in me!!) to Kid Rock, MLTR to the Eagles, the AIESEC jives to anything under the sun cos the married woman insisted that she had the best taste...

It was on one such night after sitting till very long... The gujju was by the laptop... Mallu was by the window stubbing her last and I was somewhere trying to make conversation about how lucky we were to have found with eachother in Bombay (I am guessing thats what we were talking about, cos on such nights the conversation always used to steer in that direction...now alcohol does that to you :P) and then Gujju caught us unaware...

"Guys I dedicate this to you"

And yes we were an eclectic bunch :) ...a punju, a Mallu and the Gujju (i can almost hear the Gujju screaming...aye I was only brought up there, I ama full on Maharashtrian!!) okay okay we give it to you...Maharshtrian Gujju...

So what do you expect...three girls, spending girlie time together, sappy lyrics, high on life, high on alcohol, looking at eachother, giving the "awww" look and the reactions

Gujju was still by her seat..looking at our faces, waiting for our reactions
Mallu got up to get her next smoke and fix our round of drinks (she was a pro at it)
and I was sitting there wondering what happened to the conversation!!!

So the song ended, we hugged and we were back to being our ususal selves...That was a moment :)


Cut to the present..
Mallu is happily married and in the States
Gujju is in Mumbai, not in Charni Road but :(
And I am back to Punju land and loving it :)

This was long overdue...had been wanting to capture it for my own self and for the greater good for a long time :)

Cheers to the Sundance musketeers :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok so beatch, this comment has been long overdue and i hope you'll stop bugging to me comment after this.
If i had to write in words how i feel about those days in Bombay, at Charni road, at sundance, at prithvi cafe, at the gymkhana and every other cheap alcohol serving place, I would not be able to explain our conversations and how i felt. All i can say is that i spent those days with the two people whose friendship i really care about and who i wish always remain part of the few people i can count on when the times are good and when the times are unpredictable and down. Love you both. Mallu really misses you

Ila said...

well mallu i must say i was pleasantly surprised to read this but yet again..

i will stop bugging to you...bloody amru first learn correct sentence formation and then comment :P

Cheers!!

Officially Gujju said...

Read your blog entries cause I am missing US :)
Love you guys